I continued the development of this project (now called Wraith) This is the end of the 3rd week and most of the work has been directed towards the optimization of the engine, it was running pretty well but I don’t really enjoy having so many instances doing nothing.
The first thing I did is to modify the way the geometry and solid instances were handled in GM, I had before one instance per block and the geometry was the same size of the block:
Each individual color is a collision mask and 3D geometry:
I merged the horizontal and vertical collisions and the geometry is merged by texture.
Finally, I started working on a single level to test enemies encounters and the gameplay elements. If everything goes well then I will have a demo version towards the end of February.