Working on the Demake Jam. It’s been a slow weekend for this project, I really need to stop doing things so complicated for jams. All things cosidered it is finally taking shape.
I spent so much time doing lots of preparations for the engine itself, so there is not much visual stuffs going on yet. The most important features I have are:
- Most of the engine stuffs such as collision, data manager, etc.
- Create characters with different clothing support.
- Loading the levels data.
- Characters data with health, clothes and weapons.
- Use weapons (Knife for now).
- Kill characters.
There is still of course so many features that I have to do. This are my priorities for the next couple of days.
- Dragging bodies.
- Add weapons: Pistol and Sniper rifle
- AI: Follow a path.
- Draw the rest of the level 1 and populate it with the characters.
After this I can start working on the scripting for the level itself to create the objectives.
I’m optimistic with the time, even though I have less than a week now. I hope I can deliver at least the first level of the game.
That would be all for now, I’m not sure if I’ll do any tutorial this week, because I want to focus on this jam. But after that they will return to a normal schedule.
Thanks for stopping by.